Welcome to Tyranny

Tyranny is recruiting all exceptional players for progression in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. We are a 14 year-old, 3 day a week premier raiding guild for mature-minded players who want to raid at the highest level but desire a schedule that allows the balance of WoW with non-game commitments.

• Announcements

• Skroesec

Forums are now in archive mode   09/11/20

The Tyranny Forums have shifted to read-only.  No new accounts or posts can be created. We now do our communication on Discord.   If you are a retired raider or friend and need access to our Discord server, send a BNet friend request to strife#1977 or email skroesec@live.com and we'll get you access.    
Sign in to follow this  
Skroesec

Appreciations: Nytsua

nytretirement.png

The world is a funny place. Thirteen months ago, Tyranny was on Lothar, working on Saurfang Heroic and getting frustrated with the horrible server lag and queues. It was no way to have a raiding guild, and no way to progress. After a lot of research we resolved to transfer the guild, en masse to Drak'tharon. When Drak became aware of our intentions of transferring, we received many apps, one of them was from a Disc Priest in Aggression, and thinking we were hot shit in a good situation, we declined him. Fast forward a week when we arrived, and the floor had fallen through - approximately half our healers decided to stay on Lothar, and we were in a horrible spot, having just asked the guild to spend hundreds of dollars to move to a better raiding environment, but now having only five healers in Tyranny. We decided to change our mind, and recruit that Discipline Priest.

That was the first time, but far from the last, Nytsua saved the guild.

Today is the last day we're going to be seeing Nyt for a while. He's off to start a new life in the US Military, where he will apply his creative mind, his sharp wit and his hard work to a goal farm more important than slaying dragons. Its a tremendously melancholy affair. We're so happy and proud, as a guild, what our friend is about to do, but we're going to miss him terribly.

Nyt has become, in the past year, a big part of the soul of the guild. Throughout all of Wrath up to March of last year, we had a very difficult time building the healing team we needed. Nyt solved that with patience, a deep understanding of every class, and the confidence of every member of the healing team. This is no small compliment: we had healing leads and healing team turn over at a tremendous rate before him, and soon after he took the position, Healing went from becoming the guild liability to the guild's most potent asset. That leadership is his greatest accomplishment here. And the most wonderful part about it is that he had no sense of entitlement about it. Long before he officially had to position, it was clear he was the natural and consensus choice of the healers - they respected him that much and voted for him unanimously. Other players in that position could have acted like a prince with their newfound power (and indeed many of his predecessors did). He did not. He sent me a forum PM, that I still have, telling me how humbled he was that the healers expressed their confidence in him in such a way, how he didn't think he was a good fit for it, but that he would do his best to make them and me proud. And that's Nyt. Intensely talented, ferociously aggressive as a player, respected by his peers, but a modest man who always thinks of others

He was instrumental in every single difficult ICC Hard Mode, from Saurfang to Lich King Heroic himself, which he'll say was an easy job, but I know so few players could have provided the indispensable disc priest role that he did. We mastered that fight, and all 18 consecutive victories, in no small part because he was there. He never lost faith in what we were doing, even when we hit serious walls. He organized the expansion of our healing roster between expansions, and lead us to about a dozen US Top 30 (most US top 20) kills of Cataclysm content, and all eight of our Tier 11 heroics. Many of our movies (with more coming tonight) are from his perspective. Nearly all of our healing strats were designed by him. He leveled alts just to tank and play with people in a non-raid setting and, with the launch of Cata, run heroics to help them get geared and rep.

And there are really few players, to be frank, that you can say that we won simply because they were there. Rehn and Kimah were two. Zergg and Onipallo are others. Warschild and Foker come to mind as well. But if anyone deserves that accolade, it is Nytsua, who whether it being making a clutch play (more than I can count) or working out some healing issue in healer chat, he acted in a capacity that the guild as a whole, and me as GM was lucky to have for one month, let alone thirteen.

As Nyt goes on to his new career and new opportunities that he's well prepared for and going to shine every so brightly in, he leaves behind a revitalized guild that has killed 8 hard modes in 3 weeks, one that he helped rebuild from a rough spot twice, and lead to a long list of victories that is a testament to who he is as a person. To think, we would never have met him if we decided to have toughed it out on Lothar. As I said, the world works in funny ways. So tonight, we bid not a farewell, but a see you later, to our dear friend who is going to be missed in a way that his very hards to sufficiently put into words. We all hope you'll find your way back here, to your second family. :)

Take care of yourself, and be safe! And do try to chain life grip your Drill Sergeant.

Sign in to follow this