Welcome to Tyranny

Tyranny is recruiting all exceptional players for progression in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. We are a 14 year-old, 3 day a week premier raiding guild for mature-minded players who want to raid at the highest level but desire a schedule that allows the balance of WoW with non-game commitments.

• Announcements

• Skroesec

Forums are now in archive mode   09/11/20

The Tyranny Forums have shifted to read-only.  No new accounts or posts can be created. We now do our communication on Discord.   If you are a retired raider or friend and need access to our Discord server, send a BNet friend request to strife#1977 or email skroesec@live.com and we'll get you access.    
Sign in to follow this  
Skroesec

Oldskool Dragonslaying our way into the New Year!

nefarianfunny1.png

The last time I killed Nefarian for the first time, I used my wandthe first 25%. It was at least 9 months after this guild named  Demolition (our direct predecessor) did it, and my old guild only got away with it because our Warrior tanks abused battle shout to build AoE threat.  Also back then there were no "Blood Elf" Paladins, no misdirect, no Death Knights, no flying mounts or AHs anywhere except Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Lich King was "years away, probably at level 100" and Deathwing was certainly in Grim Batol. The year was 2006.

Well here we are, the closing days of 2010, the most eventful year in Tyranny's long history. And  after exactly 22 days since the start of Cataclysm we're now 12/12 in normal modes and US #23 after killing our old friend Nefarian. The common feeling? It was the most rewarding kill since Lich King 25 Heroic.

This is a terrific fight that wonderfully tests the hardest aspects of tanking, DPS and healing as it is in the game now. It's really the complete package, and perfectly designed. Talking about it really doesn't do it justice. It is a surprisingly nuanced fight, and a good trainer for what's ahead. Everyone in the guild put serious time in on this fight. It was a complete guild effort, as a fight this comprehensive should be.

We recorded this fight as well, and it will be posted in a few days. Our video will be fairly unique compared to those out there as it will be from Ari, the kiter's tank perspective.

Extremely great job pushing so hard on this boss, and the previous 11 Tyranny! Tomorrow, we begin Hard Modes. Maybe there will be one more big win before 2010 expires.

But personally, if the arc of 2010, starting with our ICC progression, peaking with our July 20th, midsummer kill of LK25 HM, and our massive end-of-the-year Cataclysm success is any indication, I can't wait to see what Tyranny does in 2011!

Sign in to follow this