Welcome to Tyranny

Tyranny is recruiting all exceptional players for progression in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. We are a 14 year-old, 3 day a week premier raiding guild for mature-minded players who want to raid at the highest level but desire a schedule that allows the balance of WoW with non-game commitments.

• Announcements

• Skroesec

Forums are now in archive mode   09/11/20

The Tyranny Forums have shifted to read-only.  No new accounts or posts can be created. We now do our communication on Discord.   If you are a retired raider or friend and need access to our Discord server, send a BNet friend request to strife#1977 or email skroesec@live.com and we'll get you access.    
Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Optimum Internet Issue

I was gonna post this on the shoutbox, but it was kinda long and didnt wanna spam, so anywho:

So today i found out my ISP Optimum was billing me the same internet ive always had but had somehow reduced me internet speeds from 60down 10up  to  20down 5up after the promotional period was over due to an accounting error. So even though my internet price increased due to promotion ending, my internet speeds were lowered? makes no sense. Anywho, due to the error they are now giving me 100down 30 up at no extra cost... still, i feel i let them off easy for the mistake they made, considering ive been getting slower internet than what ive been paying for since mid October 2017...

6933842084.png

i just feel like i'll never really notice the difference between 60/10 and 100/30, im not running a company from my home :(  

You will when you are downloading and streaming. You'll have less buffer time overall, especially if you're doing both and whoever else is using the network in your house.

The best internet speeds I can get in my area are "20 down, 10 up" but I am throttled to hell and back, so I get about 1.2 down,  ~1 up. I don't pity you.

1 hour ago, Thaleous said:

The best internet speeds I can get in my area are "20 down, 10 up" but I am throttled to hell and back, so I get about 1.2 down,  ~1 up. I don't pity you.

.......... i think u might be better off tethering ur phone if u have unlimited plan lol wow

its okay, wont matter your speed soon, because everything you try to access will be throttled by your ISP now that net neutrality is dead

Sign in to follow this