Welcome to Tyranny

Tyranny is recruiting all exceptional players for progression in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. We are a 14 year-old, 3 day a week premier raiding guild for mature-minded players who want to raid at the highest level but desire a schedule that allows the balance of WoW with non-game commitments.

• Announcements

• Skroesec

Forums are now in archive mode   09/11/20

The Tyranny Forums have shifted to read-only.  No new accounts or posts can be created. We now do our communication on Discord.   If you are a retired raider or friend and need access to our Discord server, send a BNet friend request to strife#1977 or email skroesec@live.com and we'll get you access.    
Sign in to follow this  
Skroesec

We Beat The Game.

In another fight Michael Bay would love, after many raid nights of painstaking "strategery" and attempts since August, Tyranny managed to eject Kil Jadaen the Deciever from our realm, secure his weapons of mass destruction, and stabilize the Lothar Economy. Inflation of the price of Mana pots, Gromsblood and Ghost mushrooms should reverse course. And we did it with 24 people up taboot.

kjkillpic.jpg

Since WotLK is right around the corner, we decided to summarize our strat in a few simple rules:

Step 1: Deflector Shields deflect.

kjjarjarshield.jpg

Step 2: You won't get 75 virgins if you blow up your fellow raid members.

kjsuicidebomber.jpg

Step 3: Dinosaurs were stupid. Human beings generally aren't.

kjdinometeor.jpg

Ok, seriously now, this victory was the work of a great many people. 25 people were in the raid, but double that contributed to its victory, both present and former members. The majority of the guild, even if they were not in for the kill, got serious time on this boss, and everyone played a role in his defeat. This is as collective a victory as they get.

While this is far from a comprehensive list, here is a few extra special recognitions I feel need to be shared:

Atonement - for going Prot on yet another fight. Your ability to pick up clones before they were even called is a testament to your skill as a player.

Poisongirl - for being a real sport going Shadow on a number of occasions (including the kill). Few players are good at every spec of their class!

Unwound, Miogy, Tulani, Zergg, Draveth - Designed the healing solution to this fight and tweaked it to perfection.

Landotroll - For coming off the bench, and flawlessly executing your role.

Lithid, Kimposible, Claw, Warschild - Designed our DPS solution, and ever the source of fantatsic ideas and schemes to help us win.

Honestly, this list is so incomplete, I feel like I'm selling everyone short. Every single member of the guild contributed to this victory, be it coming off the bench and filling in for a few nights, coming up with a breakthrough idea about how to solve a problem, farming mats, or offering alternative solutions to our existing plans. I'm sorely tempted to list the guild person by person, but let me just say, I'm lucky to be the guild shit caller of so many smart, hard working, talented raiders. Killing a boss doesn't make it worth it. You guys do.

And a few people outside the guild we owe a lot of extra special thanks: Ippon (vindi), Cerqua(Vindi), and Varnick (HiJ)!

So what now? Now we wait for 3.0, and for WotLK. This is the end of The Burning Crusade. This guild, started around when TBC came out, with a lot of different faces than are currently guilded today, has been successful in its two year goal. It passed the pre-TBC top horde guilds, cleared Kael'thas and Vashj pre-nerf. It farmed Illidan since mid October 2007. It saw people join, and people retire. It has many major victories and stinging defeats. It fell to second place on Horde, then roared back through Sunwell, and for the first time ever, with our M'uru kill (US #80), let a Horde guild be the number one guild on Lothar. And now, with this victory, for the first time ever, a Lothar guild has beaten the game before nerfs or the next expansion.

But this is not the end. Wrath of the Lich King is before us. Raiding in it will undoubtedly be as different as TBC raiding was from classic WoW raiding. But of one thing I have little doubt: so long as we keep focused, motivated and organized, our victory here at the end of the Burning Crusade, and all the victories before it that was the work of the hundred or so people who have ever been a members of Tyranny/Anarchy, will be the beginning of something, rather than the end.

Bring on Arthas!

(a few more pictures)

kjportalflush-small.jpgkjbeam-small.jpgkjkillnice-small.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/skroesec/kjportalflush-big.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/skroesec/kjbeam-big.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/skroesec/kjdownquick.jpg

Sign in to follow this